“We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people.” –Colossians 1:3-4
Paul starts his letter to the Colossian church with thanksgiving and prayer. He tells them that he is thankful for them and why. He is thankful for them because he’s heard of their faith in Christ and their love for His people.
- Who are you thankful for today and why?
“For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you.” –Colossians 1:9
Because Paul is thankful for the Colossians, he and his ministry team pray for them.* They pray that:
- God will fill them with the knowledge of His Will (v. 9).
- They will live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way (v. 10).
- They will bear fruit in every good work (v. 10).
- They will grow in the knowledge of God (v. 10).
- They will be strengthened with all power according to God’s glorious might (v. 11).
- They will have great endurance and patience (v. 11).
- They will be joyfully thankful for the inheritance they share with all of God’s people (v. 12).
What a beautiful way to honor someone you are thankful for!
- What blessings are you asking God to bestow on the people you are thanking Him for today?